What is an E3 Visa?

The E3 is a new visa category only for Australians going to the US to work temporarily in a specialty occupation. The visa is valid for 2 years, and can be renewed bi-annually.


Do I need a bachelors degree for an E3 visa?

This needs to be determined case by case. One E3 visa requirement is you must have a Bachelor’s degree or better (Graduate Diploma, Masters, Doctorate, etc). However, if you have over 9 years of experience in the industry that you intend to work in, you may show evidence (schooling, certificates, work experience and reference letters) to show that you have equivalency. We can help you get a USA academic and work experience evaluation if this is the case.


How much does it cost to apply for my E3 visa?

Currently, e3 visa fees (or non-immigrant visa processing fees for the e3 visa) cost $270, which were lowered from $390. Note that this fee is considered standard and non refundable. No additional issuance fees exist, and there’s no cost to the employer.


Do I need to go through a lawyer to file my E3?

Short answer – No. There is no need for a lawyer to apply for your E3 visa. Lawyers are expensive, especially in the US. This will set you back at minimum $3,500 USD. Some companies have in-house or hire attorneys as that is their policy, however, if you are in charge of your visa process then say NO to lawyers! It’s a waste of money and you would rather keep that money for the big move…. Trust us! (If you’re looking to move to NYC, find out about our insider tips here


If an American company offers me a job, does that mean I automatically get my E3 visa?

If only it were that easy. Unfortunately not. Most US companies don’t know how to fill out the documents for an E3 visa, and many of them get discouraged at the thought. If fact, a lot of US companies don’t realise you need to complete any special paperwork, they assume since you are applying, you are already authorized to work. Once you find a company to sponsor you, it’s best you advise them you will take care of the whole process – this will put them at ease.


Can my Family or Spouse accompany me if I get an E-3 Visa?

Your spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age are entitled to the same E-3 classification. Your spouse is entitled to work authorization, but not your children. To apply for work authorization as a spouse of an E-3 nonimmigrant, your spouse would file a Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization.


Is there a limit on E3 visas?

Yes. There is currently an annual limit of 10,500 E3 Visas. E3 dependents (spouses and children) are not counted toward this annual limit, nor are E3 extension applications.